Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Akilla Pugdate: Adjusting to changes as I grow

Hello all. I haven't been writing 'coz a lot has happened and we're all very busy. We were struck with a tropical storm called Ondoy and it has harmed a lot of pets and humans. Moms and I are really lucky so we helped in little ways we can. Moms donated and helped with relief while I ensure they stay happy and stress-free by just being the adorable me. I pray that all the dogs and other animals who died in the tragedy are now happy in dog heaven and in all other animal heavens.

A lot has changed in my routine lately and I think I'm liking the changes. Moms have decided not to let me go to their office anymore. I only visit every once in a while. Since I already turned six months old last Sept 8, they think I am big enough to be left alone in the room during the day.

And so it started two weeks ago -- they leave me alone in the room, out of the cage, during the day while they are at work. They set aside some of their stuff and setup a small space in the room where I can run freely and sleep on the cold floor. I was a very good little puggie for two days. When they tiptoe to the door I make sure that I am behaved when they see me. But on the third day, I just got bored and accidentally left the room disastrous. I scattered and munched on moms clothes and chewed on slippers and rags. I also have scattered poop and pee. Uh oh. I was really doomed. My stomach got upset during the night and then I threw up and moms discovered small chunks of rubber in my barf. They were pieces from moms slippers. They decided to leave me inside my crate again so I can stay away from harm. I'm used to the small space anyway. Now i have no choice but to sleep, drink and chew on my pig ears. I need to prove to them that I can be a good puggie once more so they can let me roam the room again.

Mom has also discovered my craving for cheese. She gives me small chunks whenever I behave, or if she just cannot resist my charm. I also switched to adult food. It's even more exciting and enticing when Mom mixes some cheese on my doggie food. I'm a big dog now! :-)

When I was younger, mom wakes up with the smell of my poop. But now, there's no more poop hiding below my pillow because I can already hold the urge to relieve. After my morning meal, mom takes me out to potty walk. We have the same routine at night. After dinner, mom lets me potty again outside. It benefits us both. I no longer poop inside my crate, the room no longer stinks with my poop, I am guaranteed morning and evening walks and mom gets to exercise too!

Tonight I am sleeping over at my grandfolk's place because there was power failure in our house. The electricity went back after 10 minutes but we were already alighting the car and so we still went anyway. I am sleeping with Nina tonight. Cute and fuzzy Nina is my big doggie sis. She's been with my grandfolks for 9 years. I have her pic here.

Tomorrow is another day! I shall be walking in a different neighborhood. My poop is starting to leave marks in different places. I will be sharing all my experiences with you as we go along. Goodnight to y'all!


No comments:

Post a Comment